What are Nocellara olives?
Nocellara Olives, also known as Castelvetrano olives are small, crunchy olives with a smooth buttery flavour and vibrant green in colour.
These little green olives are primarily grown in Sicily in Italy, this is one of the only olives we stock not from Greece.
The olive trees bloom in May but the olives themselves will not be ripe and ready for harvest until October.
The Nocellara Olive tree takes about 2-4 years to mature and bear fruit and it’s not uncommon for these olives to only fruit once every two years.
Are Nocellara olives good for you?
Olives are a great snack and a healthier option and have many health benefits including high levels of antioxidants which are known to play a role in preventing heart disease, cancer and other diseases.
These olives are also packed full of nutrients and minerals, especially calcium and magnesium.
Also the lowest calorie count in our range of olives, so lots of health benefits and low in calories – no need to feel guilty for eating more!
You can purchase our Nocellara Olives in our shop section of the website –
This Cod dish is really quick and easy, for a great light Summer dish using our Nocellara Del Belice Olives adding a buttery/smooth taste to the dish.
- Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7
- Put the onions and tomatoes in a shallow roasting tin or dish
- Season, add 4 tbsp of oil and toss together
- Roast for 15 minutes
- Wrap each piece of cod in a slice of Parma ham
- Add the olives to the tray and sit the cod on top of the tomatoes
- Keep roasting for another 15 minutes until the cod is cooked through and the Parma ham has crisped up
- Scatter with parsley, and enjoy.
Go on give it a go, give us a tag or send us a photo of your creation if you happen to make it – email@example.com