Always a great salad for the warmer summer days, which we have definitely been experiencing this past week!
We made this simple Greek Salad to accompany a BBQ we had at the weekend, with the weather being so hot we went for cold salads, new potatoes and dips to accompany our BBQ.
The salad we made was for around 6 people and went down a treat!
West Country Olives Kalamata Olives
1/4 Pack of Feta Cheese
1/2 Red onion
1/4 Whole Cucumber
1/2 Any colour pepper
100g Cherry tomatoes
A handful of Mint to garnish
Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the Feta into small bite size squares
- Cut the cucumber, pepper and red onion into small slices
- Add all of the chopped ingredients and the cherry tomatoes into a salad bowl, place however you like and roughly mix together.
- Prepare the oil to drizzle on the top, mix the extra virgin olive oil, oregano and pepper in a small bowl/cup and drizzle on top of the salad.
- Place a handful of mint leaves on the top to add that extra bit of freshness to the salad.
I love browsing the internet or my cookbooks for inspiration on recipes, for lots more summer salad ideas checkout the BBC Good Food Summer Salad recipes page