A easy savoury tart recipe, perfect to batch cook and have for easy lunches. This recipe makes 6 Individual small tarts.
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 150g Feta, crumbled
- 1sp Baking Powder
- 60g Butter
- 60g Water
- 200g Gruyere Cheese
- 300ml Double cream
- 175g West Country Olives Kalamata
- For the pastry place the flour, baking powder, salt, butter and egg yolk into a mixing bowl. Knead for 2 Minutes. While kneading, add 60 g water in a thin stream until the mixture resembles a dough. You may not need all the water
- Remove from the bowl and form into a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes
- Cook at around 200
- To make the tart shell, remove the dough from the fridge and place on a floured surface. Roll out to a large square and cut to fit tart cases. Prick the bottom with a fork and chill for 15 minutes. Then cover with a piece of greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans (or rice)
Blind bake for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and greaseproof paper and bake again for a further 5 minutes
- Meanwhile to make the tart mixture, in a mixing bowl crack the eggs, grate the Gruyere and then pour over the double cream in the mixing bowl. Whisk until combined and leave to one side.
- To assemble the tart, pour the cream mixture until three quarters full. Crumble feta over the top and add the kalamata olives.
- Bake in the over for 25-35 Minutes.